The floor loading limit is equal to MTOM-BEM.
The orientation of a specified cargo container within a cargo hold will not affect the running load.
Running load is the maximum load tolerated per unit of area (i e kg/m2).
Cargo may be loaded into a passenger compartment, provided that it is secured according to applicable regulations in EU-OPS 1.
AMC2 CAT.OP.MPA.160 Stowage of baggage and cargo
CARRIAGE OF CARGO IN THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT
The following should be observed before carrying cargo in the passenger compartment:
(a) for aeroplanes:
(1) dangerous goods should not be allowed; and
(2) a mix of passengers and live animals should only be allowed for pets weighing not more than 8 kg and guide dogs;
(b) for aeroplanes and helicopters:
(1) the mass of cargo should not exceed the structural loading limits of the floor or seats;
(2) the number/type of restraint devices and their attachment points should be capable of restraining the cargo in accordance with applicable Certification Specifications; and
(3) the location of the cargo should be such that, in the event of an emergency evacuation, it will not hinder egress nor impair the crew’s view.
- Even if you are not familiar with the EU-OPS 1 regulation, the remaining options are cleary incorrect.
Your Notes (not visible to others)
This question has appeared on the real examination, you can find the related countries below.